Monday, October 1, 2012

My Old Life in the New World

Before I was born anew, thrown up on these English shores by the hands of fate (my wife), I had a relatively busy artistic life in the USA, painting, illustrating, and teaching.  This is not to say that my life in Cornwall is not rich, because it is, just in different ways.  Hopefully it will become richer still.

The point of this entry is merely to give a better representation of the drawing and painting that I do, or did, when living in the USA.  My goal, and one of the purposes of this blog, is to chronicle my success, or lack of it, in securing more of this kind of work in England.

Click here to visit my portrait blog.



 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. That's a stunning portrait of Kim. And is that you in the one with Johnny Depp, Shirley Temple, Halle Berry and the chihuahua (famous I guess but not to me)? Good company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely portraits! Do you accept commissions for your portrait paintings? If you do paint by commission, perhaps you can blog about how you work. For instance, do you do all types of portraits, like corporate executives, government officials, family portraits, commemorative portraits, etc? Do you do pet portraits? Do you work with live sitters, or paint using photographs? How long does it take? How do you price your work - is it dependent upon size, number of sitters or detail, or what? A portrait would make a nice gift but I would need to know what is involved before I could commission a portrait painting.
    Many thanks.
    - Grace

    ReplyDelete